compensation: $21/$22/Hr W2. Will consider more with experience. Per Diem supplied as well employment type: contract job title: Network Cable Technician relocation assistance available
QR Code Link to This Post
Network Cable Technician (3 Year Position)
• Travel Required: Yes
• The Network Cable Technician is responsible for supporting the company Operational Technology (OT) rollout over a 3 year period. All work is performed at each plant for durations of up to 3 months per plant. Day and off shift hours work and travel required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Cabling and installation of all types of communication lines to include twisted pair and fiber.
• Responds to requests for emergency repairs.
• Installation of IDF cabinets and related hardware.
• Upgrades and maintains shop floor data access from the physical layer.
• Maintain and support Access Control systems for all locations.
• Contact Communications Manager when Midway personnel request work that involves substantial equipment cost and/or labor to allow for the Communications Manager to coordinate efforts.
• Maintain and keep current on build documentation and related paperwork under the direction of the Communications Manager.
• Submit all vacation requests, expense reports with corresponding receipts, and gas card receipts to the Communications Manager for approval.
• Performs other related duties, as assigned by management.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Associates degree in a related technical field is preferred.
• Strong background in data communications.
• Computer related skills, i.e. Office, Windows.
• Be able to work independently or with little supervision
• Must be able to work off hours as necessary for project work. Included nights and weekends.
• Computer literate.
• Reading and interpretation of electronic schematics and the use of AutoCAD to create and/or update drawings.
• Knowledge of federal, state, and local safety regulations relative to telephone and data communications systems.
• Familiar with security system cameras & access control systems.
• Normal office environment
• Plant/shop environment, which includes travel to plant sites; use of personal protection equipment; hazards and conditions typically associated with a manufacturing environment.
• Will be required to work at heights up to 75 ft. and lift 50 lbs.
• Will be required to know all safety practices and operation of lift equipment, i.e. aerial/scissors lift and genie boom
OK for recruiters to contact this job poster.
Do NOT contact this job poster with unsolicited services or offers.